Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Some notes on the Great Blog Roll Call

First, a few stats on the Great Blog Roll Call.

Number of Blogs I Started With: 140
Number of Blogs Added Since Publication:  86
Total Number of Blogs on the List to Date: 226
Blogs Currently in the queue to be added:  20
Comments: 167
Page Views: 2,345

Blogs in the Queue to be Added
Abraxas
Casting Shadows
Dandy in the Underdark
Dark Paths and Wandered Roads
Destination Unknown
Dungeons and Differentials
How to Succeed in RPGs or Die Trying
Notes on RPGs 
Papers and Pencils
Rather Gamey
Reviews from R'lyeh
Ruminations of a Geek 
Socratic Design
Sword and Backpack
Sycarion Diversions
Tagsessions
The Alexandrian 
Treehouse:
Wampus Country
Wombat's Den of Iniquity  (What a great name, by the way)

So what does all that mean?

Well, for one thing it means that my Best Reads of the Week column has more active blogs to draw from than ever before. Which is awesome by my reckoning as it provides me yet another way to help draw attention to some of these great bloggers putting their hard work into their blogs.

I've also heard from several bloggers that thanks to this list they're seeing an uptick in their page views. That means that this list is working. My whole goal in the list was to make it to where all these great blogs would start seeing some new readers so that we wouldn't see so many of us going dark - because there are too damned many giving up. 

So if you've found a blog that you like please let them know how much you appreciate their hard work. Leave a comment or give them a +1 in Google+. Link to them in your own blogs and talk about your favorite. Let's keep this momentum going and push this community forward by becoming more welcoming and inviting to all the new bloggers.

What if I'm not on the Great Blog Roll Call or in the queue?

Go ahead and leave me a note below and I'll add your blog as soon as I can. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

29 comments:

  1. I haven't been able to post much lately because I'm getting ready to move at the end of the year, but when I get back on track I'll probably update "The Game Mechanic" a few times a month: http://powerframe-rpg.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really enjoying your blog, thanks for sharing it with me! You've been added.

      Delete
  2. I've seen an uptick. It hasn't been huge, but it's been real, and considering that I write about D&D at most once a month, that's pretty amazing.

    On the flipside, I've not had a chance to sit down and go brought the rest of the list myself. Looking forward to doing that, though.

    Finally, I'll give a shout-out to the D&D Next Community on Google+. That's an enjoyable group, and I don't think there are anything like 200+ bloggers on there yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as people are seeing some new traffic it's working. I really want us all to remember that we're not isolated and that there's a lot of us working really hard out here.

      Delete
  3. love the great blogg roll, I have alot to catch up on each week now..So MuCH to Read..

    ReplyDelete
  4. My development blog for my system/setting project can be found at: http://forsakenage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great blog Gary! I can't wait to see where you take that setting. You've been added.

      Delete
  5. Check out my blog:
    www.maziriansgarden.blogspot.com
    It describes my sword and sorcery campaign world set in the Wilderlands. Recently, I've also been writing about underwater adventures. Soon I'll be posting an underwater dungeon I've been running my players through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love, love, love your blog. You have been added, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next entry.

      Delete
  6. Here is mine
    ramblingsofjacobanddelos.wordpress.com
    General gaming advice and we're working on a big project for next year. Our own setting for Dungeon World/FATE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After reading through your archives I'm really looking forward to your new setting! You've been added my friend.

      Delete
  7. Mine is ardenest.blogspot.com. It's mostly a campaign blog,but sometimes I put rantings on it. It updates a few times a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic blog! Thank you so much for letting me know about it. You have been added to the list!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for doing this, btw. It's a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now there are a lot to read, as if there wasn't before...

    Feel free to check out http://theomnipotenteye.blogspot.com as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man can you ever write. Thank you so much for sharing your blog with me. You've been added.

      Delete
  10. I have a blog that is about to publish it's one hundredth post. Mostly gaming, it started as a way for me to post about Gen Con. I don't update every day like some, but I at least try to keep semi-current. It's www.orcsamongus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've already been added Daniel! I got you earlier this morning. Sorry, I didn't leave you a note quick enough!

      Delete
  11. My new blog, Films of High Adventure, is all about Sword & Sorcery films. The blog is just starting out and there is a great deal of ground to cover.

    http://filmsofhighadventure.blogspot.com/

    In addition, Unfilmable is a blog of cosmic horror on television and film. Interested in the world of Lovecraftian cinema?

    Unfilmable.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added your first blog, and I'm looking into the second one.

      Delete
  12. That is an awesome list and I am very pleased to find new blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They keep coming and I can't believe how much great content is out there with so little overlap.

      Delete
  13. If you're interested, I just started a new blog about Calidar and fantasy cartography:

    http://thorf13.blogspot.jp/

    I'm posting a series of tutorials at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you created a blog. I really enjoy your maps and it's going to be a pleasure reading you!

      Delete
  14. The Great Blog Roll Call is awesome. I've notice a number of new readers and more communication with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that JDJarvis! I've really been hoping that would be the case!

      Delete
  15. Great list! Thanks for assembling it :)

    Peace,

    -Troy

    ReplyDelete

Monkey Business by Jens D., The Disoriented Ranger

For those of you who haven't yet heard Jens D of the Disoriented Ranger produced an adventure, Monkey Business . He's publi...