- Currently Dyvers has a total of 986,448 page views. This represents an increase of 216,192 page views over this time last year.
- Each post has an average of 345 views.
- The most viewed post is The Great Blog Roll Call with 87,349 page views
- No post throughout the year has less that 300 page views
- Quarterly Reports throughout 2017 were spotty at best. Need to focus on this throughout 2018 to better track the blog's progress.
- Posts throughout 2017: 71 (more than triple 2016's total post count)
- Reader engagement: Strengthened throughout the majority of the year with a major tapering off after my health scare. Hopefully it will be possible to regain momentum here as I begin posting regularly again.
- Blog Earnings through Advertising on Blog: $2.80. In August I had made enough money over the lifetime of the blog to have received my first payout of $101.37. I used this money to buy a new copy of Warhammer Fantasy Role-Play 1st Edition, get a bottle of wine, and to take my wife out to dinner. Thank you to everyone who has ever clicked on an advertisement on the blog and made this possible.
- Blog Earning through Affiliate Links on Amazon: $15.63. I have not made this a focus in 2017 but to everyone who has clicked on an amazon link and bought something through that referral I appreciate your doing so as it helps me buy a few things like pens, paper, and paints. Thank you and I hope that you will continue to do so in the future.
Monday, January 1, 2018
2017 in Review on Dyvers
Over the last five years I've made it a habit to be very public in sharing how the blog is working, the numbers that I'm generating in terms of readership, and the amount of money that I've earned from it. I've been told by other bloggers that they couldn't imagine sharing this sort of information.
I don't understand their line of reasoning here.
For me, writing the blog is all about interacting with people and being as honest as I can be with my readership. If I'm making money from it then you cats deserve to know how much I'm earning as you're the reason why I'm getting the money. If my blog is garnering a lot of views then I want you all to know that you're a part of something larger and that I appreciate your views.
Right. So how did the blog do this year?
Dyvers as of 12/21/2017 (when I'm writing this)
So there you have it. That's a quick overview of how the blog performed in 2017. If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask below and I'll do my best to have you and answer.
When I first started running Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) I tended to treat traps as an exercise in dice rolling to overcome the chall...
A couple of days ago, in the post So You Like Looking in Sacks , I was talking about +Chris Tamm of Elfmaids & Octopi 's fantast...
THE 2014 EDITION OF THE GREAT BLOG ROLL CALL IS UP! PLEASE UPDATE YOUR LINKS SO THAT THE DEAD BLOGS ARE OFF YOUR LISTS! I don...
Shortly before I was going to run my first game back in the early months of 2005 I was sitting in the Den working on a list of things that...