Thursday, April 9, 2015

Downtown Dyvers

As I mentioned yesterday I've been reading a lot about U.S. Copyright Law in an effort to better protect myself and the team I'm working with on a project slated for the first of 2016. The discussion that came about ended up mostly about the technical law as opposed to the moral question that I was interested in; but if that's what people want to talk about who am I to complain?

Lobster Monster Banner

Anyway I got to thinking about my Lobster Monster banner that I've used for the majority of my blog's life and decided that it was time for a change. The new banner which I've taken to calling Downtown Dyvers is an image that I made using paint.net and a half dozen pictures from 1910-ish. Combining them together to create the banner was a lot of fun and it just kind of fits what I think Dyvers is becoming. It's a bit busy, a hodgepodge of lots of stuff, and the most interesting people are all going their own way.

I may, eventually, go back to a new version of the Lobster Monster banner in the future but if I do it will be different in some substantial ways. It needs to be because the blog is growing and changing into something better. The audience is growing daily and I want that banner to reflect the changes that are happening both with them and with me. 

Pretentious? 

Maybe. 

Downtown Dyvers Banner

Either way I like it, though I think that the word Dyvers may need to go to a pure white. Time will tell as I need to look at it on the blog for a bit before I make the call. Anyway, I hope you all like the new background, link colors, and banner.

6 comments:

  1. I like the new banner a lot. It's got character and originality. I think it's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more reading Dyvers in the dark. White type is brutal on the eyes. Still, things look swell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see if I can do anything about that in the next couple of days.

      Delete
  3. I like the change. Really dig the banner. Gives it a bit of victorian/industrial class. I hate to throw around steampunk too much as it is becoming rather worn-out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably a good thing since I tend to play in a world that has strong industrial/Victorian elements with a modern world view. It's fun and that's all that matters in the end.

      Delete

Monkey Business by Jens D., The Disoriented Ranger

For those of you who haven't yet heard Jens D of the Disoriented Ranger produced an adventure, Monkey Business . He's publi...