- Friday Art Fest will be making it's return starting this Friday and should be back throughout the remainder of the year.
- Q3 2014 blog report should be up in the first week of October for those of you who look forward to seeing how the blog has been doing. I expect that this will be the lowest performing quarter of the year.
- Best Reads of the Week will return for the final quarter of the year thanks to my alternative internet sources! I really love this series and it's one of my favorite things to do on the blog. I'll post more details in the coming days.
- I've got a super-secret and totally stupid idea that will hopefully be posted each week of December. It's going to be a real son a bitch to complete, but if I pull it off it will be really fucking cool.
- I'm going to be working my way through the 5e Player's Handbook to help teach myself the new edition. The series is going to run a while (god alone knows how long) but it will be one that I can actually complete. With the Basic Game I was looking at a document that would be changing on a regular basis and for my purposes right now I really need a static document.
- I'll be participating in a really cool project with +Sean Bircher, +Jens D. , and +Stelios V. Perdios that will be coming live in the next little bit. It's the first time I've done something like this and working with these guys has been a real treat for me as they're each really creative and smart.
- I'm working on building and editing a book that will be taking some of my favorite posts on the blog and expanding them with new content. We'll talk more about that project when it gets nearer completion.
- Great Blog Roll Call 2015 will be up in early January and I'll be placing a call out to see if you all have encountered any new blogs in December. The idea is to do the GBRC every January so that the list is pretty accurate at the time when the most new bloggers are joining the hobby
- I'm well into the process of re-building the "pages" for the blog and the labels to make everything easier to read and explore. Hopefully this should be done by January 1, 2014 so that I won't have to make this slog again.
- I'm also hoping to have the first WTF article up in the new quarter but the topics are so broad that doing them any justice is a labor intensive process on my part - well worth the effort, but labor intensive all the same.
- I've got two new actual play series that I need to write up over the coming months. Here are the titles for anyone interested: 3d6 and a Pocket Full of Hate; and Screaming at the Sun and Other Ways to Make Love on Athas. I'm not sure which one I'll write first. Perhaps I should put it to a vote?
Monday, September 22, 2014
Letters of Intent
My September average has been pretty well shot in most all meaningful ways due to my son learning how to use YouTube (I fixed that by hiding the direct link from the drop bar) and living in one of those shitty areas with limited internet access. I've been able to make some alternative means if it happens again but I'm doing my best to ensure that I won't be in the dark again.
Anyway, I'm working on a few articles that I'm submitting to other sites right now and they're taking up a lot of my time, so I thought that I would take a few minutes to talk about what I'm going to be attempting through the remainder of the year to hopefully wet everyone's appetites.
Right. So that's the plan for the remainder of the year. I hope you're as excited as I am about what's coming up!
As always, thank you all for reading this little blog, for sharing your favorite articles with your friends, and for clicking the advertisements on the right when the right thing comes along.
When I first started running Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) I tended to treat traps as an exercise in dice rolling to overcome the chall...
THE 2014 EDITION OF THE GREAT BLOG ROLL CALL IS UP! PLEASE UPDATE YOUR LINKS SO THAT THE DEAD BLOGS ARE OFF YOUR LISTS! I don...
A couple of days ago, in the post So You Like Looking in Sacks , I was talking about +Chris Tamm of Elfmaids & Octopi 's fantast...
Shortly before I was going to run my first game back in the early months of 2005 I was sitting in the Den working on a list of things that...