- If I fuck up in a post, and make a mistake, I fully intend to own up to it.
- If you present evidence in your arguments that is convincing I'll tell you you're right. I gain nothing by ignoring new evidence and trying to show you how big my metaphorical cock is online.
- If I don't care about what we're talking about I'll tell you that too.
- I will continue to curse in ways that amuse me.
- My titles will sometimes have nothing to do with what I'm writing about.
- My descriptions on Google+ will almost never deal with the post.
- I don't care about your gender, what clothes (and how much clothing) you choose to wear, your job, your race, or sexual orientation. I only care about what you're creating and saying.
- I will treat you fairly so long as you treat me the same.
- I will read people that aren't popular and support them when they do things I like regardless of how other people view them.
- I will continue to be as honest as I can in my posts and in my interactions with each of you. I will fuck this up occasionally because I am only human, but when I do I will try to make it right by owning my lies.
- I will rarely be talking about politics because this blog isn't focused on such things.
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
Picking Friends on the Internet Playground
The last few weeks have been really interesting for me in that I have learned a lot about the etiquette of various social media these days. I have learned from the consultant controversy that you are not supposed to key people you're talking badly about into the conversation; nor are you supposed to do so on Twitter; nor in your blog posts. I think that's a coward's way to deal with issues that you have with other people.
So let me state this unequivocally for everyone who reads me. If I bring your name up in a post then I will key you in on Google+ because you deserve to know if you're being discussed. Good, bad, or indifferent; to deny you the right to defend yourself if such is called for is devalue my own words and those of my readers.
A few other things that you should know about how I have been conducting myself, and will continue to do so in the future.
If you find this sort of etiquette unpalatable then it has been nice having you as a reader and I'm sorry to see you go. This is the way that I have been standing for a long while now and it is how I intend to go on for the foreseeable future.
There now; I feel better now that I've cleared the air and there are no delusions that I will be conducting myself in a manner that offends my delicate sensibilities.
Shortly before I was going to run my first game back in the early months of 2005 I was sitting in the Den working on a list of things that...
THE 2014 EDITION OF THE GREAT BLOG ROLL CALL IS UP! PLEASE UPDATE YOUR LINKS SO THAT THE DEAD BLOGS ARE OFF YOUR LISTS! I don...
Last year I started the Best Reads of the Week series to help publicize some of my favorite blogs and to help the community as a wh...
A couple of days ago, in the post So You Like Looking in Sacks , I was talking about +Chris Tamm of Elfmaids & Octopi 's fantast...