The last few weeks have been really interesting for me in that I have learned a lot about the etiquette of various social media these days. I have learned from the consultant controversy that you are not supposed to key people you're talking badly about into the conversation; nor are you supposed to do so on Twitter; nor in your blog posts. I think that's a coward's way to deal with issues that you have with other people.
So let me state this unequivocally for everyone who reads me. If I bring your name up in a post then I will key you in on Google+ because you deserve to know if you're being discussed. Good, bad, or indifferent; to deny you the right to defend yourself if such is called for is devalue my own words and those of my readers.
A few other things that you should know about how I have been conducting myself, and will continue to do so in the future.
- If I fuck up in a post, and make a mistake, I fully intend to own up to it.
- If you present evidence in your arguments that is convincing I'll tell you you're right. I gain nothing by ignoring new evidence and trying to show you how big my metaphorical cock is online.
- If I don't care about what we're talking about I'll tell you that too.
- I will continue to curse in ways that amuse me.
- My titles will sometimes have nothing to do with what I'm writing about.
- My descriptions on Google+ will almost never deal with the post.
- I don't care about your gender, what clothes (and how much clothing) you choose to wear, your job, your race, or sexual orientation. I only care about what you're creating and saying.
- I will treat you fairly so long as you treat me the same.
- I will read people that aren't popular and support them when they do things I like regardless of how other people view them.
- I will continue to be as honest as I can in my posts and in my interactions with each of you. I will fuck this up occasionally because I am only human, but when I do I will try to make it right by owning my lies.
- I will rarely be talking about politics because this blog isn't focused on such things.
If you find this sort of etiquette unpalatable then it has been nice having you as a reader and I'm sorry to see you go. This is the way that I have been standing for a long while now and it is how I intend to go on for the foreseeable future.
There now; I feel better now that I've cleared the air and there are no delusions that I will be conducting myself in a manner that offends my delicate sensibilities.