O' Crystal Ball, What Say You?
Over the last few days I've been reading a lot of predictions about the upcoming year, and while I make no claims at being the greatest prognosticator I would like to throw some out there.
Eight Predictions Guaranteed to Fail
1. Wizards of the Coast will not only take back the top spot in the role-playing games industry from Pazio, but the new edition of the game will produce a solid series of products from the get go that will help reinvigorate the product line and the hobby as a whole.
2. At least one major book seller, probably Barnes and Nobel, will fold during the upcoming year taking away another major retailer from the hobby and hurting the overall industry further by reducing its reach into the wider hobby marketplace.
3. Through the efforts of various members of the blogging community we will see a minor reemergence of the blog-o-sphere with new community projects and conversations leading the way.
4. Palladium Books will continue its slow recovery and will begin to reassert its presence in the hobby.
5. This blog will complete two major story arcs before the year is out without slowing down its regular update schedule.
6. An updated, and improved, version of the Great Blog Roll Call will be produced.
7. One of the major role-playing game companies (Wizards, Mongoose, Green Ronin, Pazio, or Games Workshop) will test out a print on demand system to decrease their overhead cost and to increase their profit margin on all their products.
8. At least one of the Big Box Retailers (Wal-Mart, Target, or K-Mart) will begin to carry role-playing game materials and we'll really have to see where the hobby goes from there.