Sunday Hopes, Far Flung Plans, and Questions.
Projects, projects, projects.
1. Great Blog Roll Call Redux: This continues along at an incredibly sluggish pace due to my restricted bandwidth and due to the sheer size of the damned thing. Since I published the original version of the GBRC I've read nearly 10,000 blog posts and have written up introductions to more than 300 blogs. I'm hopeful that by the time I post the Redux that I'll have been able to push that number higher, but this project is a killer.
2. Preparing for Fifth Edition: I wish that I could say this has been moving along swimmingly but the truth is that my creativity in this avenue has been stymied by my lack of ability to share anything publicly. One of the great things about having a blog like this is that I can put out my ideas on where I want to go with the skills or other abilities and other players will show up and leave me some really great notes on the subject.
3. February Art Fest: Really has been going well so far. I've seen a noticeable up tick in views on these posts which is really quite cool. Comments have been fun and I love hearing about what pieces people identify with and why. Love this project and I'm so glad that others have been coming along for the ride.
d6 Random Questions
1. Why is it that some folks seem to feel it necessary to shit on those of us who weren't around for the earlier discussions? No, I wasn't here for the great Alignment debates of '08 or for the Carcosa persecutions. So fuck off and let me talk about them without asking me why we're still talking about these things.
2. Who has the best blog out there in the blogging landscape? I'm genuinely interested in this answer because I want to see who is the considered the best and then figure out what makes them so great. Is it their writing style? The topics they cover? Their longevity? Their posting frequency?
3. Why is ABBA in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? What about Dancing Queen screems Rock or Roll?
4. Which is the better read, The Man of Gold by M.A.R. Barker or City of Hawks by Gary Gygax? I have both and am trying to decide between the two.
5. Over the last few years I've completely convinced myself that James M. Ward is a fucking amazing guy. Am I completely off my rocker here or is he actually that cool?
6. Has anyone ever figured out how to keep a 2 year old clean? Cause that shit's eluding me.